Saturday, March 6, 2010

Weldon Springs Clark Trail

Today was spent hiking the Clark Trail in Weldon Spring, MO.  It was unbelievably awesome!!!  Hiking has never been something I've enjoyed, but after all my weight loss it's something that really interests me.  In fact, it was my idea to go hiking today.  I'm pretty proud of myself for getting out of my comfort zone and making positive changes.

I did fantastic on the hike!  I was full of energy and loved every moment.  David didn't hear me gripe or complain even once.... well, maybe a tad bit after I fell on my butt and back after slipping in the mud.  Oops!  = )  It was really, really muddy and slippery from all the snow we received in February.  The temperatures haven't been warm enough for all of the snow and ice to melt and the ground to dry out.  We saw some ice that was still hanging around.  It was crazy! 

Anyways, that's enough chit-chat for now.  Here are some photos from our hike.  Enjoy!


The beginning of the trail
Me and Ethan on our hike
David with the Missouri River in the background
Me and Ethan taking a tiny break and checking out the view
The Missouri River
David posing for a photo op
Me and Ethan with the Missouri River in the background
Ethan was one dog-tired dirty dog
We had a blast!!!

Ethan was a trooper and hiked the entire trail..... 
A whopping 6 miles!
His poor little legs took a whole lot of steps.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...