Thursday, March 11, 2010

Daily Eats



B: Coffee (2 shots espresso, hot water, 2 pumps SF white chocolate Torani syrup and 2 pumps SF caramel Torani syrup, and 1 1/2 Tbsp. half-n-half)
L: Hickory smoked tuna salad, 2% mozzarella string cheese, a handful of grape tomatoes, soy crisps for scooping, and some cocoa roasted almonds.  If you haven't tried the Hickory Smoked tuna pouches, you're seriously missing out.  They're low calorie, low fat, and high in protein.  So tasty!
S: Medium iced decaf coffee from Dunkin' Donuts (I added 1 1/2 Tbsp. half-n-half and 4 pumps SF coconut Torani syrup when I got home) and 1 glazed donut hole.  Oops!  Today was the opening day of the Dunkin' Donuts just up the street from me.  I went to pick up a donut for my husband (because I love to spoil him) and decided I'd treat myself to 1 donut hole.  It was too good!
D: Teriyaki chicken with cashew pieces, and peas & carrots
S: 2- 2% mozzarella string cheese and zesty nacho soy crisps 

Jenn's Tip of the Day:
Protein Bars... My absolute favorite are the Zone Chocolate Peanut Butter and the Fudge Graham.  I actually became addicted to them for a while.  The sugar content is a little high for my liking, so I've switched to the Pure Protein Bars. I like their Chocolate Peanut Butter, Chocolate Fudge, Strawberry Shortcake, and the Marshmallow Eclipse.  Just be sure not to eat more than one a day.  They do have sugar alcohols and they'll play a number on your tummy.  I also enjoy some of the South Beach bars and some of the Atkin's Advantage bars, but they're usually more expensive.  The Clif bars are amazing, but are pretty high in sugar.
If you're experimenting with protein bars, I recommend purchasing them in singles.  You don't want to be stuck with a bunch of bars you're not going to eat.  Take small bites and chew slowly.  Remember that they're protein bars, not candy bars.  I eat them as a meal replacement and not as a supplement or as a snack. Good Luck finding the protein bar that's right for you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...