Monday, March 15, 2010

Daily Eats

B: Iced Coffee X 2 (2 shots espresso, 3 pumps SF coconut Torani syrup, 1/2 pump SF almond Torani syrup, 1 pump SF chocolate Torani syrup, 8oz. unsweetened soymilk, water, and ice) (noon-2)

L: Tuna salad (with light mayo, no sugar added sweet relish, and mustard) on a bed of mixed greens (20 grams protein in the tuna!) and 5 cocoa roasted almonds (2pm) 

D: Beef fajitas (sirloin steak seasoned with chili powder and lime), fire roasted peppers and onions (from Trader Joe's), 2Tbsp guacamole (prepared by Trader Joe's), 1 Tbsp Fage Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream), a bit of shredded cheddar cheese, black beans, and 4 tortilla chips (7pm)

Jenn's Tip of the Day:
Eat 3 meals a day (only snack if it's really needed).  If you eat less than 3 meals a day you might end up overeating at meals.  Who doesn't eat too much food too fast when their starving?  Seriously!  I used to be able to shove it in pretty fast back in the day.  It would often only take me 10 minutes to eat, but then 20 minutes later I would be miserable.  
Yes, I am guilty of not eating my 3 meals a day on occasion.  Since I slept through the morning hours I didn't eat breakfast today.  There were calories and protein in the unsweetened soymilk that was in my coffee so it sort of counts.  When I made my dinner plate I was thinking about the possibility of enjoying some pistachios this evening if I'm still hungry.  Thinking of them made me realize that I'll need to save some room because I will NOT overeat.  Portion control is a huge key in my dieting success.  
*********
I slept a lot last night… probably a good 11 hours.  Apparently I was pretty tired.  I lounged around for a good chunk of the early afternoon and then hit the gym which felt great.  I needed to go for a long run today, but I just couldn't bring myself to get out there and run.  I was feeling a little blue because today was "Black Monday" for 4th year Medical Students.  It became very real that we'll be dealing with finding out whether or not David matches to a Residency Program at this very time next year.  It's overwhelming, terrifying, and exciting all at the same time.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...