Thursday, May 20, 2010

Playing Catch-Up... Again!


I've been out of town quite a bit lately and have been pretty busy. I still haven't made a post about my half-marathon experience. I don't have time to post about that one tonight, so I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Here's something to hold you over for now...


I received a phone call late Sunday afternoon (5/16) from a Principal inviting me to interview. The interviews were being held the following two days. I didn't have anything major planned that couldn't be rescheduled, so I immediately packed my bags and started the drive to OKC the next morning. My sweet friend, Rachel, was kind enough to spontaneously go along as my travel buddy. My interview trip was also a much needed Girls Getaway.
We had a blast together!


There is NO good Mexican in St. Louis so I had
to take Rachel out for a real tasty Mexican meal.
We had dinner at Ted's on Monday night.
YUM!!!


Rachel really enjoyed the chips, queso, and salsa.
Ted's has THE BEST salsa! Sometimes I would like to just sit there and eat it with a spoon.


I ordered a bottomless bowl of chicken tortilla soup.
They even sent me with a package of to-go soup.
Talk about customer service!


My Dad ordered their taco salad. He only ate half
and took home the other half to enjoy later.


Rachel ordered a chicken enchilada and Mexican rice.
nom, nom, nom...


I think my Mom ordered the Chicken Fajita Chimichanga
with Papas (potatoes) and refried beans.


A cinnamon sugar sopapilla drizzled in honey.


Rachel was impressed with her sopapilla...


My Mom smiles her biggest smile when she's eating Mexican.
= )


Rachel spotted a randomly parked buggy at Target and thought she'd take it for a spin.
It was hilarious!

This was her thumbs up granny pose. LOL!

YES! I had to be sure Rachel experienced Jimmy's Egg.
This was my delicious breakfast.

After breakfast we headed down to the
OKC National Memorial.

OKC National Memorial


We needed a little "pick me up" after visiting the
Memorial and Museum.
A trip to Braum's sure did help.
I had a scoop of the CarbWatch Vanilla Ice Cream with a
bit of peanut butter. The lady said she wasn't going
to charge me for the PB. Wasn't that sweet of her?!?!
I LOVE Oklahoma!


Hey... I haven't enjoyed a splurge like this in a year. Wowzers!



We drove back to STL on Wednesday. It stormed on us ALL the way to Springfield. The rainy weather really made for a long, miserable, and stressful drive. There were times I was forced to drive super slow. It really was a torrential downpour. We decided to stop at the St. James Winery for a little walking break and to take a look. My parents had been there before and said it was a great place to stop. Rachel purchased some wine and other goodies. I purchased a gourmet dark chocolate rainier cherry bar for David.


My interview went great. I just know that I'm up against people who have zero experience to many years of experience. I really, really want this position, but I can't beat myself up too badly if they don't choose me. My credentials are great and I feel that I gave it my all. Now I just have to be patient. Until I hear something I'll still be on the job hunt.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Sounds like a great trip! Where was your interview? I guess this means you'll be coming back here for Dave's 4th year if you get the job? I enjoy your blog.
Vickie

Stephanie said...

I hope you get the job!

P.S. I think it's really cruel for you to post pics of food from Ted's and Braum's. LOL (I LOVE both places.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...