Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kale Chips


The title says it all! I used to be addicted to chips..... more specifically, chips and salsa! They weren't just my favorite things to eat, they were a FOOD GROUP. No, I'm not kidding about that one. = ) I could eat chips and salsa 3 meals a day if someone would have let me. And I must say that the chip was only a means of transportation to get the salsa in the mouth. Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about... I know there are others out there who understand. Hehee...
I used to be able to sit down and eat an entire 16 oz. jar of salsa in one sitting. Looking back that sure does explain a lot.
Well, I no longer eat chips and salsa. In fact, the last time I pigged out on chips and salsa was at my birthday dinner last June (2009) with my husband and a group of our close friends. I swore them off after that moment. I rarely eat Mexican food and I rarely eat salsa these days. The only time I ever really eat salsa now is if it's on eggs. That's about it.
I've been craving a salty snack lately and chips, pretzels, and crackers are NOT a good choice for a former fat chick/recovering carboholic. It just isn't.... TRUST ME. Today I went to the grocery store to pick up some bananas and what did I see??? They had those yummy, scrumptious GOLDFISH crackers on sale. Those were things I never rarely ate when I did eat carbs, but I must have been in a weak moment today because they were calling my name. Really, they were! I suddenly remembered a recipe I saved for KALE CHIPS. Luckily I remembered enough of the recipe to know that all I needed was kale. So I quickly cruised on over to the produce section and bought a bunch of kale so I could make kale chips to go with our bun-less burgers for dinner.

Kale Chips

4 c. kale, chopped
1 tsp. Emeril's Essence seasoning (I left this out)
1 tbsp. EVOO
(I added a bit of salt)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Toss kale in oil and spices on a baking sheet.
Roast for 10 minutes.
Serve with hot sauce and ketchup.

Gotta say.... these hit the spot! They really did satisfy my craving for something crunchy and salty. I'll be hanging on to this recipe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...