Monday, June 11, 2012

Marathon #2: Go! St. Louis

I have been so busy with teaching and running that I never really sat down to blog about my second marathon.  My, oh my!  It has been a busy spring!  
It was kind of a last minute decision, but I traveled to St. Louis with my friend, Ann.  I ran my second marathon there and it was Ann's first.  St. Louis mean a lot to the both of us because it's where we started running.  Here are some photos from our trip along with a few details.....

When we arrived to STL we went straight to Trader Joe's to pick up a few snacks.  We also ran a couple of other errands.  After that, we met up with my BFF, Rachel, at Schlafly's for dinner.  

The next morning we woke up and met Rachel for brunch at Crepes, Etc.  Aren't we cute?!?!

Me and Rachel

Of course I had to post a photo of my incredible Skinny Californian Crepe from Crepes, Etc.  It was delicious!  

After brunch we stopped by Bissinger's Chocolate shop.  Ann always buys there chocolate at Whole Foods here in OKC so she was thrilled to go to their chocolate shop in STL.  

We had to say our goodbyes to Rachel and then Anna and I headed to the race expo.  

 Ann with her race bib!

Me with my race bib.  Marathon #2!

 In awe and a little emotional.....  I haven't been to the Chaifetz Arena since David graduated from medical school a year ago.  

 I had to get my photo taken with some big losers from the TV show Biggest Loser.  I informed them that I was a former fatty.  They were excited to meet another biggest loser!  

 After the expo, Ann and I went to Drunken' Fish to enjoy some sushi as a pre-race meal.  Carb loading!

 It's tradition that we lay out our racing gear the night before the big run.  It helps to be so organized.  

Supporting OU today!!!!  Take that STL!!!!!  So grateful to live back in OKC again!  Waiting in line for the bathroom.  Did I mention that I had been sick for an entire week leading up to the marathon?  I caught some nasty stomach bug and had diarrhea 8-12 times a day.  It continued during the race and for a week after.  I finally went to the doctor and had lab work done because of severe dehydration and stuff.  I was instructed to take Immodium AD every 4 hours until my bowels were completely normal again.  It was awful!
 Ann looked awesome, as usual!

 Waiting with the masses to cross the start line.

 Busch Stadium!  Always LOVED seeing the Cardinals play here.  

 The Arch

 The church behind me is where the journey started.  David's White Coat Ceremony was held here in August 2007.  So much has happened since then.  WOW!

 Me and Ann at the split.  This was where we took the road less traveled.  Not very many people ran the full marathon.  

 My race BLING!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...