Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sculling

So, I took a sculling course in mid-June.  It was fantastic!  I LOVE rowing and it's a wonderful cross-training sport for me.  

A little over a week ago, I went out with my friends to watch them practice for competition at the OKC Riversport Regatta.  There are 8 women that make up their cooperate team.  I took the sculling class so I could sub on the team this summer if somebody's on vacation.  There should be plenty of opportunities in July since the Regatta was today.  
LOVE it!


 I was invited to go out on the Launch.  The Launch is kinda like the Coast Guard or something.  They are the safety boat and there always has to be a Launch nearby when somebody is rowing.  I felt pretty special, because not just anybody is allowed to be on the Launch.  Woohoo!  
I took photos of my friends with my phone and caught some rays.  Being on the water is so refreshing!

They had an incredible practice!  These are some tough women!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...