Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekend Fun

While I do miss my husband very much, I'm trying to have a great time while he's gone.  On Friday night I went to a local well-known jeweler to look and get some ideas and pick up my engagement ring.  They're getting it all fixed up for me.  No, nothing is wrong with it... I'm just having some work done to make me a happier wife.  ; )  While I was at the mall, I may have purchased some delicious berry bark and peanut pretzel bark from Godiva.  It is good!

Saturday consisted of a 6-mile early morning run at Lake Hefner with my sister in-law, April.  We have a great time running together.  Next week we're planning on running around the entire lake.  I'm really looking forward to it.  
After our run I went to the store for a few things.  Once I arrived back at home, I took Ethan for a long walk, worked on stuff for my classroom, and relaxed all day.  I never did nap even though I probably should have.  
A friend picked me up and we drove across town to meet another friend (and her husband and infant) for dinner at BJ's Brewhouse.  It was so wonderful to be out on the town with my friends.  We're definitely going to have to do it more often.  

Here's a pic of me with my friend's baby, Emily.

Here's my attempt to eat healthy at BJ's Brewhouse...
I ordered the turkey burger (no bun) with steamed broccoli instead of fries.  
It was really good!  I'd get this again.  = )

Today consisted of laziness and shopping with some sugar.  Yes, woke up at a decent hour (8am) and made sugar cookie dough.  It's all prepped and ready to be cut out and baked tomorrow night.  On Tuesday night I'll decorate them, so stay tuned!
I also got together with a friend and her daughter for a lil' road trip to Norman for some shopping.  We attended a Trunk Show and I ordered a couple new items.  The items I ordered today are part of a clothing line I've recently discovered.  Everything is absolutely adorable!  Not only that, but they are super comfy!  I'll have to post pics of my new clothes soon.  

That pretty much explains my weekend.  Tomorrow is the beginning of longer school days.  Yes, I now have an extra 30 minutes to my work day.  I'm okay with that though because I'll still get out as planned.  Staying until June would NOT have been majorly fun.  

Well, it's Read Across America week and we have a TON of activities planned.  I need lots of sleep to prep for it.  Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that I'm having extra before and after school rehearsals every day for the next 2 1/2 weeks.  It's gonna be rough, but I'm grateful to work with such wonderful students.  I am truly blessed!  

Off to bed!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...