Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pageant

Mrs. Oklahoma City

David and I enjoyed a unique date last night.  We went to the Mrs. Oklahoma and Mrs. Kansas Pageant. My dear friend, Emily, was competing for the title of Mrs. Oklahoma so we wanted to show our support by attending.  She was absolutely beautiful and did a fantastic job in her first pageant.  Emily didn't win the crown last night, but she enjoyed the journey and may do it next year.  


Me with Mrs. Oklahoma City, Emily  

I'd like to give a special shout-out to Mrs. Melinda Meadows (Mrs. Edmond).  She's the mother of one of my HS classmates.  She also competed in Mrs. Oklahoma 2011 last night.  Melinda is a woman that has it all... personality, beauty, kindness, grace, style, elegance, and a freakin' 6-pack!  She was the third runner-up in the pageant and received six additional awards.  What an inspiration!  I may have to see if she'd like to share her beauty and fitness secrets with me.  She is amazing!  I hope she continues to compete in pageants.

After the pageant, David and I had a late dinner at Hefner Grill over by Lake Hefner.  Everything he ordered was great, but I wasn't impressed with my food.  I don't think we'll ever eat there again.  
Even though I didn't care for the restaurant, it's always good to try new places.  It was a fun evening because I spent it with David and some friends.  ; )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...