Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A "Cheesy" Dessert

My dear friend, Amanda, introduced me to the Mocha Ricotta.  I read all about it on her blog yesterday.  Last night I made a small, experimental portion.  It was a hit!  
I've enjoyed ricotta with protein powder plenty of times, but never thought about cocoa powder.  When I use the cocoa powder, I'm missing out on added protein (extra calories and fat too), but it's much lighter on the tummy.  Protein powder is really filling... and that's not always a good thing.
  
So, here's my version of the cheesy dessert.....
___________________________________
MOCHA RICOTTA
Ingredients:

Ricotta cheese (part-skim)
SF vanilla Torani
Hershey's special dark cocoa powder
A few raw almonds
A few semi-sweet choco chips (an optional naughty-naughty)


Directions:
Add first 3 ingredients in a small bowl and stir very well.
Sprinkle on toppings
Enjoy!
********************
Other Optional Toppings:
Pecans
Walnuts
Fresh berries
Unsweetened coconut flakes
A dollop of natural peanut butter
Banana slices
SF Caramel topping
SF Jam/Jelly/Preserves
__________________________________
Give this cheesy dessert a whirl and let me know what you think.  I'd love to hear about your Mocha Ricotta creation!
Also, feel free to follow Amanda's "Better Me Up" journey by becoming a FOLLOWER of her blog... and don't forget to click "FOLLOW" on my blog too!  = )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...