Sunday, August 22, 2010

Back To School


School began on Thursday, Aug. 19. I woke up super early so I had plenty of time to get ready and take Ethan for a long walk. Here's a cheesy photo of me on my first day as an elementary music teacher...

I had the hardest time deciding what to wear. There are way too many cute clothes in my closet! It's an awesome problem to have. ; )

I took Ethan for about a 45 minute walk. He needed to get all emptied out before being locked up all day by himself. Poor guy! It's going to take some getting used to.

I arrived to school around 7:30am even though my report time is 7:50am. That gave me just enough time to get a few things in order and get all my tech stuff prepared. Good times!

The Principal gave the morning announcements at 8:15 and directed the school in saying the Pledge. It was wonderful to hear all the little voices.

At 8:20am I had my first class.... the 4th graders. What a great group! After that came 5th, 3rd, Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd. Yes, I did have a lunch break in there. My day finished at 2:30 and I reported for bus duty at 3pm.

I REALLY enjoyed my day! At lunch I told the art teacher (who is absolutely wonderful!!!) that I could hardly believe I was getting paid to have this much fun. The afternoon was a little exhausting though. I may need to start indulging in a small piece of dark chocolate after lunch to pump me up for those classes. Ha!

Ooh, and I must mention that a couple kids (Kindergarten and 1st grade) told me I was pretty. How adorable is that?!?!?!!!!

I'm so grateful to have this job
and thankful for these kids!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have to be super organized with a day like that! And isn't it great that your class is probably the favorite of all the kids? I loved my music class in grade school.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...