Monday, April 5, 2010

Greek Scramble


I wanted to detox today from all the junk I consumed this weekend (running 12 miles made me believe it was okay to enjoy some wedding cake... the scale proved me wrong today... NOT cool!). For those who are interested, my "detox" is basically a liquid diet including protein shakes in place of meals, Crystal Light, broth, sugar free jello, sugar free popsicles, herbal tea, and tons of water. I made it to about 5pm and I was absolutely starving. The aroma of the food David was preparing for his dinner just put me over the edge. I ended up eating a small portion of steamed edamame and 2% cottage cheese. At about 8pm I was starving again so I made some scrambled eggs. I used one whole egg and some liquid egg whites. I added some things to it and came up with Greek eggs. It was too good not to share.
= )


Greek Scramble

Ingredients:
Eggs (I used 1 whole egg and some egg whites)
Feta cheese
Kalamata Olives
Spinach
Greek Dressing, optional

Directions:
Scramble the eggs
Add feta and stir until slightly warm
Place a few spinach leaves in a plate or bowl
Place egg mixture on bed of spinach
Add a few kalamata olives
Top with a little Greek dressing, optional

Serve and Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...