Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Daily Eats




My time is up with "Daily Eats," but I feel I should keep it going a while longer for accountability purposes. The little splurges of sugar I had during the weekend triggered something leaving me with an enormous sweet tooth. I guess it's not smart for a former carbohydrate addict to have an occasional carbohydrate just like it isn't smart for a former alcoholic to have some alcohol or a smoker a cigarette... you get my point.



I enjoyed 2 sugar free popsicles today and that still didn't satisfy my sweet tooth. Luckily I'm a crazy person that keeps a hefty stock of pantry items.... especially a tower of sugar free Jello. = )
Here's my dessert for the evening and it was loaded with protein. Not only did it satisfy my sweet tooth, but the protein and fat satisfied my tummy for hours.

Lime & Cottage Cheese Jello Salad

Ingredients:
1 pkg. sugar free lime Jello
1/2 (or 1) can crushed pineapple, drained and rinsed
1 small carton 2% cottage cheese
1/4-1/3 cup chopped pecans, optional

Directions:
Prepare Jello according to package directions.
Chill until thickened slightly (60-90 minutes).
Add pineapple, cottage cheese, and pecans and beat until frothy on top.
Chill until set.

* I used 1/2 can of the pineapple because an entire can has
too many carbs/sugar for my liking.


David is NOT a fan of cottage cheese so I made him his own Jello dessert. He had a bowl of sugar free orange Jello with my leftover pineapple and some mandarin oranges. YUM!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...