Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I Scream, You Scream....


We All Scream for Ice Cream!!!!!

Oh, yes! If you've ever been to Oklahoma you know what I'm talking about.... Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy Store. Their dairy farm is located in Tuttle, OK. They make such wonderfully glorious ice cream and other sweet treats. Braum's is also a place where you can get a breakfast burrito, biscuits and gravy, a greasy burger, crinkle fries, a bowl of chili, and many other items. They're kind of like a Culvers, but with ice cream instead of custard. Sadly, I never realized how wonderful they were until I no longer had access to the stuff. It's definitely something I took for granted, but I don't dare eat it now after all of my weight-loss.

My cousin, Melissa, didn't get the luxury of growing up around any Braum's (they only ship their ice cream up to 6 hours or less). It was always a ritualistic treat for Melissa to go as many times as possible when visiting our Grandmother in Kansas. Well, Melissa lives in Houston now and is only a few hours away from the closest Braum's. I wonder how many weekend trips there will be this year? lol! Anyways.... Melissa and her husband drove to visit us in OKC on the way to Grandma's house this Holiday Season. She was quite aware that there were Braum's in OKC, so we had to make a stop. My husband, David, really misses Braum's too. There just aren't any places out here in STL where you can get some good quality ice cream. As you can imagine, it wasn't real hard to convince him to go along.

We took a family outing to Braum's for everyone (except me) to get their ice cream fix.


Melissa and her double scoop cone.


My family in line to choose their flavors.


They opened a new container of ice cream for
his second scoop and ended up putting it in a cup. Weird.


The Newlyweds!
Matthew gave it a thumbs up, but he wasn't
convinced that it was as good
as we all made it out to be.


Matthew made a tiny cone.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...