Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Where do I begin?

It's been pretty crazy around here lately. I'm not even sure where to begin. I guess I'll fill in a few blanks since my last post on July 21.

On July 21st, Starbucks was running a "free pastry with any drink purchase" promotion. I treated myself to a tall decaf nonfat latte and picked out a pastry for David to enjoy later. It was a nice perk to my purchase.

On the 22nd, I met up with a friend and her 2 kids to see the movie "Hotel for Dogs" for FREE! A nearby theater has summer kid movie specials. So, I enjoyed a cute movie with some good company.

I went to the Missouri Botanical Gardens on the 24th with some of the other Med Wives. One friend knew that it was a FREE day on Friday because they were celebrating Henry Shaw's 209th Birthday. If you want to know more about Henry Shaw, try Googling him.
I was invited by a friend and then I invited 2 other friends. We all had a great time and the weather was wonderful.

David and I splurged BIG TIME on the 25th. I'm not just talking about the money, but also the calories. Whew! We went to Texas Roadhouse for an early dinner. Since I knew that was going to be our last night out for at least a month, I decided to get the Sirloin Beef Tips, complete with mashed potatoes, brown gravy, sauteed mushrooms, and a salad. I only ate 1/3 of my plate, but it was so good! I haven't had a meal like that in 1 1/2 months. I won't be doing it again anytime soon either. It was a nice treat!

David put in 70 hours at the hospital last week during his transplant surgery rotation and didn't even set foot in the OR once. I guess that's pretty normal. They have a lot of follow-up work and stuff. I sure hope his schedule lightens up soon. I want my husband back!

We went to the Cardinals vs Dodgers game last night. It started an hour earlier than what our tickets stated, but we still made it in time. I took some bottled diet soda, sandwiches, watermelon, popcorn, and some rice krispy treats for us. Yes, I splurged again, but everything was portioned out and that was the first real food I'd eaten all day. We stayed at the game until about 8pm and then headed home so he could finish working on a presentation for the Chief of Surgery. Hopefully that went well today.

I met with a friend for lunch today. She is also a Med Wife and we talked and talked about Med School. It's so nice to have someone to relate to through all of this. I'll get to see my friend again on Thursday when she gives me a ride to the airport.

Yes, I'm going out of town again. I just hate leaving my boys behind, but this is my last chance to go home before school/work starts for me. It's going to be a long trip this time. I've completely stocked our freezer and fridge with meals for David so he will only have to microwave stuff. I know he's going to miss coming home to a freshly prepared hot meal and I'll miss being able to do that for him. Things will resume back to normal as soon as I get back in town. I know I'll miss cooking, especially for David.

I'm still losing weight, which is a good thing. I often feel as if the pounds are dripping off like the condensation on a cold drink, or like wax on a candle. So, as of now I'm a bunch down, but I have bunches more to go. I'm hoping to come back from my trip down at least 10 more pounds. We'll see if that happens. Wish me luck!

This may be my last post for a while. I'm guessing I won't post while I'm out of town. We'll see.

Be blessed!

PS. Please PRAY for Me, Everyone I come in contact with on my trip, David, and a doggy prayer for Ethan. Thanks!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...