Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What happened to June?


I can't believe June is over and it's now July. This summer is going by too quickly!!!

David and I drove back to St. Louis on Sunday. I had a doctor check-up the next morning and everything went fine.

David's Dad, Tim, flew in to St. Louis on Tuesday morning. We've been hanging out and having fun ever since he arrived. On Tuesday afternoon we had lunch at Imo's (salad for me) and then went to Grant's Farm. They were super busy and we couldn't have asked for better weather. It was great fun!

The long line just to get in Grant's Farm
David and Tim had sushi for dinner and then went to the Cardinals game. Sadly, the Cardinals didn't win, but David and Tim had a great time anyway.

Today, we went to get donuts at the World's Fair Donut shop (none for me) and then went to the Missouri Botanical Gardens. We ended up having even better weather than yesterday. It was amazing! The gardens were as breathtaking as usual. David experimented with his new iPhone and took some pics (okay, I actually stole his iPhone and took most of these).
Take a look.....


We were pretty hungry after seeing the Garden's, so we went to Bar Louie to grab a bite to eat. David and Tim both had sandwiches and fries. I had a side of steamed veggies. They were delish! We then ventured out to the Anheuser-Busch factory for a tour. I think this was my 3rd tour and David's 7th. It's pretty neat.

We returned home to relaxed for a bit and then David took his Dad to try out Culvers. There wasn't anything there I could eat, so I just stayed home. I called in some chinese food (I ordered the healthy stuff) and they picked it up on their way back home.

I'm sure you've noticed that I've made little comments about food in this post. Well, it's that time again. I'm on another diet/lifestyle change/whatever you want to call it. I'm just over 2 weeks in and I've lost 15lbs. I'm exercising like a crazy woman and being very restrictive with my food intake. I'll try to post my plan on here soon.

That's what we've been up to this week. Fun, fun!

2 comments:

Behrmans said...

Wow, I have never seen a line like that at Grants. what day did you go on?

That iphone takes great pictures... very impressed.

Unknown said...

First of all, your will power is amazing! All of that tempting food, I would have cracked in an instant!
And secondly, those gardens, WOW!!! I want to go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...