Saturday, June 20, 2009

29, really?


I celebrated my 29th Birthday in OKC this year. It was really a lot of fun!

I just hung out all day by the pool. I received lots of phone calls, texts, and facebook messages wishing me a Happy Birthday. It made me feel so loved!

David and I stopped by my parents house because my brother and his fiance were there for dinner. Jason and Kim were leaving for Canada the next morning, so I figured we better go ahead and give them their engagement gift. We picked out a gorgeous pair of Waterford Toasting Flutes. We didn't have any at our wedding, but think they're very festive and wanted Jason and Kim to have a pair. Happy Engagement!!!!

I also received some cards from my parents and Jason & Kim. Thanks for the cards and the birthday money. I know I'm getting pretty difficult to shop for these days. Priorities change when you live off student loans.

We then met up with 4 of our friends for my Birthday dinner at Abuelos. If you know me at all, you know that I LOVE Mexican food. It's my absolute favorite and there's really not any good Mexican food here in St. Louis, so I have to fill up when I'm back home. I had an enchilada platter with 1 chicken enchilada, 1 avocado enchilada, and 1 shredded beef enchilada with a side of refried beans and Papas con Chile (potatoes). Of course, I had to splurge and treat myself to a Gato because it was my birthday. A Gato is a beer over ice with lime in a salted glass. So good!

Our friend, Randy, wanted to treat us all to chocolate fondue at the Melting Pot for dessert. I was already stuffed, but I was game for whatever. So, we went to the Melting Pot in Bricktown and enjoyed their Tiramisu fondue and their S'mores fondue. All I can say is Y-U-M!!!

Here are a couple of pics.......


Randy, David, and Rick, playing a game on Randy's iPhone

Our dessert dippers for the chocolate fondue

Thank you Randy for the great idea and birthday gift of dessert fondue with friends.
You're awesome!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...