Friday, January 4, 2013

30-Day Yoga Challenge

That's it!  I've officially lost my mind.... and it's WONDERFUL!  As if marathoning weren't enough... I've now signed up for a 30-day yoga challenge.  I better mention that it's HOT yoga.  If you're not sure what it is, feel free to google it.  : )

The requirement for this challenge is that I must attend yoga 30 times between January 2 and February 6.  They only allow you to double up (2 classes in 1 day) twice.  

Some poses feel great and others hurt like heck.  All of that running sure took a toll on my body.  Every time we do a stretch that involves my right IT Band I almost fall to the floor in pain.  I just try to shake it out and move on.  

Speaking of running... I am NOT running all month.  I've decided I really need to repair and recover from 2012.  I would even like to run for the sake of running again and not because I'm training for another marathon.  I'm also avoiding processed foods.  So, what it boils down to is that I'm basically doing Paleo, but with occasional soy (unsweetened soy milk) and some dairy (Greek yogurt and half and half).  

Here are some pics to document my journey...

Day 1
Day 2

Day 3

The highlight of Day 3 was doing a HANDSTAND.  Not a headstand..... an actual HANDSTAND.  Meaning that only things touching the ground were my 2 hands and my feet were in the air.  I was upside down!!!  
This wasn't something I thought I'd do anytime soon being so new to practice.  The instructor is a former high school classmate of mine.  She's amazing!  Well, she wouldn't take "No" as an answer or accept any of my valid excuses from me tonight.  She helped me achieve a handstand.  Now, I just need to become gutsy enough to actually do it on my own.  WOW!  What a day! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...