Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer Schedule

Being a teacher is awesome... really awesome.  I absolutely love working most of the year and then having my summer off and still receive a paycheck.  It's truly wonderful and I can't imagine having any other profession.  


My DH is coming up on his 1 week anniversary of being a PGY1.  We've already had a few stressful situations at home, but thankfully they weren't anything too bad.  While the DH has been at work I've been dealing with an apartment flood, a de-magnetized/non-sealing freezer door (leading to a flood in the freezer), and on top of all that, our internet pooped out on us.  It's a good thing I'm on summer break so I could take care of all this.  It has been a full-time job.  I've also had a couple of health situations that have kept me from doing much.  I sure hope our luck turns around soon.


I'm discovering how I can spend more time with my DH.  I have been getting up with him in the mornings.  I make him breakfast and then we sit on our leather sofa and chat while he drinks his many shots of espresso.  Once he leaves I hydrate and head to the gym or go out for a run.  After that I do housework and hangout with our pup.  I run errands if needed and try to soak up some rays by the pool.  When the temps become too high for me to handle, I head back to our air-conditioned home and do more housework, hangout on facebook, research recipes, etc.  I start cooking dinner when the DH calls me to let me know he's on his way home.  That's usually 14 hours after he left that morning.  


As much as I love summer, I am looking forward to school.  It'll be nice to be busy all day and not sit around waiting for my DH to come home.  We're only a week in so I don't have any words of wisdom.  It'll take a while to get all of this figured out.  In fact, I'd be willing to bet that as soon as we start becoming comfortable with PGY1 it'll be over.  We're just taking it one day at a time.  That's the best we can do right now.  


Lounging poolside

Bad photo, but you can see the water line and stained floor.
(Our neighbor had a party and a 
drunken male guest left her bathtub water 
running ALL NIGHT LONG.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...