Thursday, July 28, 2011

Advice

Today I'm holding on tight to a piece of advice I heard from another Medical Spouse right before Residency started.  She said, "Love the man, hate the Doctor."  I just knew I'd have to remember that phrase sooner or later.  Well, the time has come.
My DH informed me this morning that the vacation time he requested won't exactly work out as planned.  Yes, I know the key word is "request", but it's usually not difficult for them to get that requested time off.  We each have $250 in SW LUV vouchers we can use towards our next flight.  Spring break was when we were planning on using them for another vacation.  Well, it turns out that it's not going to work out that way.  The DH is scheduled for Jeopardy during the back half of March.  He's already tried swapping with the person who has Jeopardy during the front half, but apparently he has vacation plans for spring break too.  At this point, our only option is to try to pay somebody to cover his jeopardy and then hopefully make the money back by taking somebody else's Jeopardy.  
If you don't understand all of the "doctor" scheduling, it's alright. I don't get it much either.  All I know is as of right now we won't be able to vacation together.  So, I'm remembering "Love the man, hate the Doctor." 


On a positive note, I made a wonderful breakfast for myself this morning.  I mean, I always eat a wonderful breakfast, but lately it's been egg whites and some low-fat cheese.  This morning I'm suffering from a horrible migraine and didn't feel like eating the usual.  
I would post a photo of my breakfast, but I ate it before I could snap one.  Oops.  I enjoyed Fage Greek yogurt (lower in sugar and higher in protein than other yogurt) (1/2 a small container = 3.5 ounces of Fage) with 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 pump SF vanilla Torani, fresh blueberries, 1Tbsp. old fashioned oats, and a few almond slices.  It was crazy good!  You should definitely give it a try!  

1 comment:

Marv Loucks said...

Last year we wanted spring break off too, but he couldn't take it, he got put the week after spring break, which completely ruined all opportunity for a family vacation, it was awful...I know the feeling. I want him to get one of the 4 day weekends the kids have sept or Oct, unfortunately, he can't take time off that rotation because he has to go to a conference in Atlanta and is already missing a week of that rotation, it really sucks...maybe thanksgiving and christmas, who knows...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...