Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Food Review - Gigi's Cupcakes

Pretty= yes.  Taste= meh.....
This is their Orange Dreamsicle Cupcake.  The actual cupcake was dry and bland, but the frosting was dreamsicley delicious.

A blog follower (and friend) commented on my recent food review of Cupcakes To Go Go.  She was curious if I'd tried Gigi's Cupcakes.  I have tried Gigi's here in OKC and wasn't impressed.  
When the DH and I walked in we were greeted with a beautiful case of cupcakes.  They really were quite gorgeous.  We ordered the Orange Dreamsicle Cupcake to go.  Once we got home we were excited to try our cupcake.  As we both took a bite and chewed it, we looked at each other with disappointment.  Our conclusions were that the buttercream icing was piled too high but pretty dreamsicley delicious. The cake part of the cupcake was dry, stale, and flavorless.  The texture was all wrong.  We discovered that we weren't the only cupcake connoisseurs that thought this.  


Here's what a friend said on Facebook in response to the above photo and caption:
"I have to agree!  Darling cupcakes but nothing special taste... Unless all you care about is frosting.  And then, even still, it's quite expensive for just the joy of the frosting.  Oh, well... Gotta try all the cupcake shops!  : )"


Life is too short to get calories from things that aren't worth it. Over 1/2 of our cupcake went in the trash.  We would have been happier with Pillsbury boxed cake mix and frosting.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I have to agree. I wasn't impressed with the cake. It was dry and stale. But, for the price, I thought I needed to finish it. I kind of regretted it in the end.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...