Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Seuss!

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!  

It's Read Across America Week 
and today is Dr. Seuss' birthday.
We've been celebrating all week at school.  Tomorrow we are supposed to dress up like our favorite Dr. Seuss character.  I won't be dressing up as anything in particular, but I'll be slightly jazzed up for the occasion.  ; )
I baked and decorated sugar cookies inspired by "The Cat In The Hat" for a few of my fellow teacher friends.  
I hope they enjoy them.  

Cookie Tips:
The "hat" was achieved by using a mitten pancake mold from Crate and Barrel.  I simply cut off the thumb and cut of a bit of the top portion to achieve a smaller size (aka get more cookies out of the batch). 
I use Wilton's coloring and #3 Wilton tips 
(should have used #2).
I also use LOTS of toothpicks. 
Check out sweetopia.net for cookie/icing recipes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are so cute. You and I would make an awesome team. Charis celebrated Dr. Seuss' b-day yesterday at Exploration Place. But she didn't get fun cookies like that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...