Sunday, October 26, 2008

Doggie Days


We took ETHAN to the Dog Costume Parade in Central West End on Saturday.  I couldn't find any costumes that fit him correctly this year, so we just worked with what we had.  Ethan wore his blue polo shirt, David wore his  S L U  M E D  hoodie, and I wore my new  U M S L  hoodie.  We were all dressed up as "students."  I know, I know..... we're pretty extreme.  ha ha!
The parade sounded like so much fun and I thought it would be good for Ethan to be social with other dogs.  It was a B L A S T !  

E t h a n  was one of the tiniest dogs at the parade.  So many people complimented him on his cuteness.  I should also mention that he was a REAL LADIES MAN.  All the little girl Yorkies thought he was HOT stuff!  It was absolutely priceless watching them interact.  After all the excitement, the poor guy was all tuckered out and slept the rest of the day.

Here are some pics we took throughout the event.

Ethan made some new friends




David and I were invited to a friends birthday party on Saturday night.  It was so much fun to hang out with our friends and talk about anything and everything.  I think our friend had a pretty good birthday.  = )

Today has been pretty low key.  We all just lounged around the apartment.  I did get out for a bit to buy a couple more ingredients for Gumbo.  I made a double batch and it is  SO GOOD
Unfortunately I ended up getting some burns this time.  I was stirring the roux while multitasking.  Not a smart idea!  I accidently splattered some of it out of the pot right onto my hand.  It still stings.  I have several blisters on my hand now.  = (    In case you're wondering, the roux is butter and flour that you stir continually until it reaches it's proper color.  It felt like I stuck my hand in a fryer!  O U C H !  No more multitasking in the kitchen for me...... well, at least for the night.  


3 comments:

Behrmans said...

Ethan is pretty darn cute! You think he can get a girl to run away from home and then I’ll have one. They can be buddies.

Gumbo again. I have to try this sometime.

Hope you hand heals up fast.

Did I ever tell you that I was pushed into a fire pit? The doc’s didn’t think I would be able to use my hand. Not to mention the smell of burning flesh. I can still smell it! Make my tummy turn!

Miss you! Think I’ll be at GN tomorrow.

Behrmans said...

Ethan is pretty darn cute! You think he can get a girl to run away from home and then I’ll have one. They can be buddies.

Gumbo again. I have to try this sometime.

Hope you hand heals up fast.

Did I ever tell you that I was pushed into a fire pit? The doc’s didn’t think I would be able to use my hand. Not to mention the smell of burning flesh. I can still smell it! Make my tummy turn!

Miss you! Think I’ll be at GN tomorrow.

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

Oh my gosh, Ethan is so handsome, I can't beleive he got dressed up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...