Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week 5 - OKC MM Training

20 MILES = DONE!


40 degrees with a wind chill of 30.  Brrr....  The wind was almost unbearable.  It was pretty much a steady 18mph with gusts of up to 35mph. So grateful to have my running buddy, Lisa, with me. We had a great time and even stopped by 7-11 to pick up something for a celebration toast. 


We were half way to our 20 miles!

We weren't finished until our Garmins said 20 miles.
We did it!


20 MILES = the furthest distance I've ever run!



I was pretty proud of myself and immediately messaged these photos to my husband.  A few minutes later, they were also on Facebook.  Yippee!


Actual running time wasn't bad, but we stopped a LOT (water, bathroom, 7-11, Starbucks, stretching, and being social at the water stops, etc. ; ) ) to make it more enjoyable. When we stopped at the Starbucks at May/Grand, I even ordered a coffee and ran 2.25 miles back with it to the finish. Yes, I'm serious about my coffee. I also think it's interesting that my pace picked up a bit once I had that coffee in my hand.

I ordered a tall coffee in a venti cup. The looks that I received from people passing me by in their cars were absolutely priceless.  I'm not sure whether they thought I stole the coffee or that I'm a girl who's serious about her coffee.  

A few of my running buddies.

Me and Lisa
Super excited about our 20 MILES!

After my run, I went home and rested with my pup and more coffee.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...