Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Long Hours

My DH left for the hospital a few minutes ago.  He is starting a little later today since he has short call this evening.  That's right, he left home at 6am and won't return until sometime after 8.  I'll be meeting up with a colleague for dinner tonight at 8:15.  This means I probably won't actually see my DH until tomorrow morning since I'll be getting home after he's already in bed asleep.  
He worked a shorter shift on Sunday because it was the weekend.  Somehow, they aren't usually too busy on the weekends and they can knock out the work pretty quickly.  Even with that short day on Sunday he still ended up with over 30 hours at the end of work on Tuesday.  
I'm still not really used to his long hours yet.  I've been able to keep up with the laundry, housecleaning, dishes, shopping, errands, etc. because I've been on summer break.  I think his long hours will really hit me when I go back to work and have a rough time fitting in all of our household chores.  It'll make my days seem shorter and his even longer.  How many more days of this?  I'm just going to have to take it one day at a time.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...