Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Cookies


Christmas Time Is Here!

I baked sugar cookies for Christmas.  
This time I tried TWO new things:  
Stained Glass Cookies AND Royal Icing.
It was a blast and I can't wait to do it again.

Here are a few photos from my journey....
Crushed Candy for stained glass cookies

Not too shabby for my first time

Outlining candy canes with royal icing

 Flooded candy canes

Flooded with white and beginning to dry

 A few completed cookies

A few more 

And some more....
but there were many, many more 
that don't appear in the photos. 
I may add them later.

Oh, and in case you're wondering... 
THEY ARE VERY TASTY! 
Mmmm...

I had to make a special cookie for the hubster.  
Hopefully this will keep him from being temped to sneak some Christmas cookies before Christmas.
= )

 Can you believe that after all the cookie baking/decoration/flour & sugar 
everywhere madness 
I actually went to the gym? 

Spin class helped me get my sweat on 
and work up an appetite for dinner.
The gym always guarantees a good time!  LOVE it!

4 comments:

Kara said...

The cookies are too beautiful to eat- they're each a small work of art. I tried to make sugar cookies this year and failed long before I got to the icing part. Beautiful job.

Unknown said...

BEAUTIIIIIIFUL!

Amanda @ Life in bloom said...

Those cookies are so pretty I don't think I could eat them!

Amanda @ Life in bloom said...

Those cookies are so pretty I don't think I could eat them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...