Sunday, December 19, 2010

Adult Allergies

I'm only 30 and signs of my old age are already adding up.  


It was 8 years ago when I discovered I was allergic to penicillin.  I had taken it many times prior and never had a problem.  My body just decided to hate the stuff for some reason.


A couple of years ago, I developed an allergy to adhesive.  The adhesive on band-aids or medical tape would make my skin red and blistery.  It was horrible.  I try to stay away from band-aids.


Today, I was cleaning the bathroom and used a glove.  I always just toughed it in the past and cleaned without gloves, but the products tore my hands up and then David would make me feel guilty for not taking better care of myself.  My eczema is bad enough without the help of chemicals.
Well, I recently broke down and purchased latex cleaning gloves.  Sadly, I'm going to have to get latex-free gloves before I clean again or David will have to do all the cleaning.  That's right, I'm pretty sure I have developed a latex allergy.  


What's wrong with me????  Is this all because I'm getting older?


Have you developed any allergies with age?

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Yes, I believe I have. Or, I'm just finding out new ones. The most recent is hollyhock. I have one in my front flower bed (inherited from previous owners) and after trimming it back significantly this summer, I broke out in a rash all over my arms, neck, and even some of my face where I had touched it. I've never had poison ivy bother me, though I've seen it and walked through it. But hollyhock is evidently pretty bad for me!

Medications affect me more than they used to, as well, especially allergy and cold medicines. You are not alone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...