Sunday, September 7, 2008

Weekend craziness!

This weekend has been a whirlwind.  David had the first half of his neurology exam on Friday afternoon.  I drove him to and from school that day because he pulled an all-nighter and we felt it would be better if I took him.  After getting home he went straight to bed for a few hours before studying again.  This was my first husband-less Friday night of the year.  I don't enjoy sharing him with the books on Friday nights, but I don't really have a choice.  We do what we have to do.

I knew Friday night was going to be pretty lame.  I figured I'd just put on my sweats and watch some movies at home.  I checked with my friend, Natalie, and she was just as bored and lonesome.  We decided to get together for a pity party.  It was awesome!  We went to Pappy's for a BBQ dinner.  Both of us had their pulled pork sandwiches.  They're fantastic!  After dinner we dropped by another wife's house so we could keep her company for a bit.  It was so nice to be able to get together with both of these gals.  It's also nice to be able to have other women I can relate with.  All of our husbands were studying and we were just trying to make the best out of the situation.  

David had the second half of his neuro test on Saturday morning and I had my algebra class.  We were both exhausted afterwards and took a nap.  When we woke up we went to our neighbors 2nd birthday party.  It was fun to hang out with him and all of his family.  It's always cute to see a 2 year old open up presents too.  David went back to sleep after the birthday party while I ran some errands and cleaned house.

I had a bunch of friends over on Saturday night.  A lot of my friends here are David's classmates.  They have the same crazy schedule he does so I don't get to hang out with all of them very much.  I invited them all over for a Ladies Cocktail/Mocktail Night.  It was so great for all of us to be able to kick back, relax, and not have to worry about school stuff.  I made a couple of pizzas from scratch and had some other snack items.  Of course we also had a nice variety of liquor. We ended up having people over until 3am.  Oh yes!  It was amazingly fun!

I can't believe tomorrow is Monday.  The weekend went by way too fast!  



David has had more than his share of coffee and caffeine this week.
He actually suffered from a bad case of the caffeine jitters.



I caught David studying in his cave.
I must have said something funny.  He never smiles like this while he's studying.

Me and Natalie having the best pity party ever at Pappy's on Friday night.  
Can you tell she LOVED her pulled pork sandwich?


Me and some of my med school friends.  
They're so fun!



I love these girls!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...