Monday, July 26, 2010

The Move


We did it! David and I made the long drive from STL to OKC last Friday. He drove the 26' UHaul (yes, I have a lot of stuff!) while I followed in our Honda Accord with Ethan and our most fragile/sentimental items. We made several stops and one long stop for lunch in Joplin. The entire trip took us 9 hours. So yes, I stared at the back of a UHaul for 9 hours. Poor Dave drove the thing for 9 hours... talk about intense! The important thing is that we arrived safely.

When we arrived on Friday (4pm) I immediately unloaded our espresso machine, started it up, and made myself a 4-shot iced soy latte. YUM! The caffeine gave me just enough energy to completely unload my car and a nice chunk out of the UHaul. We also unloaded the bed so we could put it together and sleep on it that night. It was soooo comfy! Unfortunately the comfort didn't lead me to have a restful night. I stayed up until 1am unpacking/cleaning and then woke up at 5:30am on Saturday morning. I was ready to get the ball rolling and get that truck completely unloaded.

We had quite a few friends and family members that helped us unload. It was wonderful to have such amazing help.

So, I'd like to give a SHOUT OUT to....
David, Randy, Tim Jr., April, Caleb, Donna, and Amy for all of their help on Saturday!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
You are appreciated!!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go for David driving the UHaul. I felt badly for my dad when he drove our moving van from CO to KS. Not easy!

And btw, you need to show me how to make a good espresso. My parents have a machine they rarely use and I'd like to learn.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...