Monday, December 5, 2011

I'm Alive!

I'm alive, I promise!  I knew it had been a while since I last blogged, but I can't believe it was OCTOBER. Really?  Oh, well.  Life has been really busy.

I think about blogging often, but I feel like there's just so much to post.  So, I end up thinking that I'll save it and post on the weekend, but that never happens.  I'll try my best to catch y'all up on everything.

David was the House Officer during October.  He worked from 6:30 pm to about 7:30 am every night.  To say it was awful would be an understatement.  We didn't handle that month well and I think he's still recovering.

The only race event I participated in during October was the 5k to Monet in Edmond.  It was a pretty decent run.  My first mile I clocked at 9:20 which is pretty good for me.

I took my honor chorus on a field trip to the HS on Nov. 9.  We rehearsed with the other schools on our side of the district for our area festival.  The festival was on Thursday, Nov. 10 and was a hit.  Seriously amazing!  I teach the best students.  They really are amazing!
The next day was Veteran's Day and we had our big Veteran's Day assembly at school.  Everything for that went smoothly.  All of my 4th and 5th graders performed and they did a great job.  We had a repeat performance of the musical selections from the Veteran's Day assembly on Thursday, Nov. 17.  It was nice performance and I think our Vet's felt appreciated.

On Nov. 19, I headed to Tulsa with my friends, Lisa and Barbara.  We took a road trip together to run a half marathon.  When we arrived to Tulsa, we headed straight to the expo.  It was a pretty good expo and I made some incredible purchases.  We eventually finished our shopping and then went back to the hotel to get ready for dinner.  All the OKC Landrunners met up for dinner at Olive Garden in Utica Square.  That was a lot of fun!  After dinner, we returned to the hotel and went to bed.
The next morning we woke up early for our half marathon.  It was cold, windy, and it was drizzling.  These are NOT the conditions I like to have when running.  We survived though and all finished.  It was such a fun experience and I can't wait to do it again next year.

November was pretty cool for me this year at school.  Somebody nominated me for Teacher of the Year.  I made it past several rounds of voting and was in the top and final 3.  Can you believe it?  Now, Teacher of the Year is a pretty big deal and comes with a lot of responsibility that I don't really want, but what an honor to make it that far after having only completed ONE full year of elementary school.  That was such a positive validation for me.  I feel like I AM doing what I should be doing and I AM doing a great job at it. The other candidate and new Teacher of the Year have taught more than half my lifetime.  I am honored to have my name even placed by theirs.  Congrats to our newest Teacher of the Year!  She will do a wonderful job representing LP.  

I participated in the Edmond Turkey Trot 5k on Thanksgiving.  Some of my fellow Landrunners were there so we joined together and had a wonderful time.  Love them to pieces!

David lucked out this year and was off for Thanksgiving.  We went to his parents house and had a nice meal.  I took rolls, 2 sweet potato pies, a pecan pie, banana bread, and banana pudding.  It was all a hit, as usual. = )

December has just begun and so far it's going great.  I hosted the Christmas Party for my Side By Side Bible Study.  It was wonderful!  I served a dinner of vegetable soup and rolls.  For dessert, I had a hot chocolate bar with tons of goodies.  After we ate, we had a gift exchange to the story of "'Twas The Night Before Christmas"Everybody had a great time.
I took a personal day on Friday, Dec. 2 so I could have a weekend trip in Dallas.  I bet you'll never guess why I went there.  Hehee....  Yep, to RUN!
My friends, Lisa and Ann, picked me up on Friday morning and we headed to the big D.... and I do mean DALLAS.  We stopped for lunch at an Applebee's in Denton for our first round of "laughing so hard that you almost pee your pants" moments and lots of silly photos.  After lunch, we continued on our journey.  We drove straight to the expo where we ended up spending almost 5 HOURS.  I loved every moment of it!!!  I bought so much running stuff that it's almost ridiculous.  How is it possible that I can love a sport this much?  Really?  My, how I've changed.
After the expo we went and checked into our hotel.... the OMNI.  It was magnificent!  Seriously, it was!  Shortly after we arrived to our room, Ann's friend, Jen, arrived.  She is AWESOME!  Jen mentioned that we may actually be twins separated at birth.  Hahahaaaaa.....  Anyway, we were all starving so we walked over to a local cowboy bar and had dinner.  It was crazy fun!  And yes, there were many more of the "laughing so hard that you almost pee your pants" moments and silly photos.  They're on Facebook.  lol!
After dinner I retired for the evening and went to bed (11 pm) because I had only received about 8 hours of sleep TOTAL for the past 2 nights combined.  I was so sleep deprived.  They all stayed down at the hotel bar until midnight.
We all woke up at about 10 am and got ready for the day.  Our mission for the day was to SHOP.  We drove to Northpark Center and had brunch at Corner Bakery before splitting up to shop for several hours.  This mall had everything.  It was the best mall ever.  Really, it was.  There were so many Christmas performances going on in each area of the mall that you could't be a grinch even if you wanted too.  It was glorious!  We all shopped, and shopped, and shopped.
The Landrunners had reservations at Maggiano's so that's where we met everyone with shopping bags in hand.  Maggiano's was delicious as usual.  I sure miss that place.
Lisa and I split up from the other girls because we had a couple of different places we wanted to go after dinner.  We went to Nordstrom Rack and they went to another sporting goods store in search of Smart Wool socks.  I scored some great things at the Rack and can't wait to return to shop there some more in a few months.
After our shopping adventures we went back to the hotel and got all of our race stuff out and ready for the next morning.  We went to bed later than we should have, but we managed to get some sleep.  The alarm went off at 4:45 am on Sunday, Dec. 4.

You'll have to stay tuned for the half marathon story..... it's currently my bed time.   = )    More to come soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...