Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Home Alone

I'm over October and ready for November.  October really is my favorite month and I love everything that comes with it..... until 2011.  David has been the house officer all month.  This means that he is THE doctor in charge during the night.  He goes to work at 6:30 pm and doesn't get home until almost 8 am.  I don't see him much these days and I'm about to go crazy because of it.  It's difficult to make decisions and be productive when he's not around.  By productive, I mean that I'm unable to hang mirrors, install curtain tie-backs, decide on a dining room table and other needed furniture, etc.
We haven't had a date night in ages and haven't engaged in any real conversation.  Even tonight I was only able to see him for a few minutes due to a faculty meeting I had after school today.  I just have to remind myself that November is around the corner and things will be a little more back to normal.... normal being days.
On a super positive note, I registered for a couple more races.  I'll be participating in a 5K this weekend, a 12K, 3 half marathons, and a full marathon.  Thank goodness for running!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been struggling a lot with Brent's new work schedule. Not a doctor, but he's gone really long hours and working 5.5 soon to be 6 days a week. I whined and complained a lot and realized it wasn't doing either of us any good. Hang in there. As a wise person told me, the time when a young man is starting a career, he's also starting a family, making it the hardest time in a young couple's life, but it will get better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...