Saturday, February 6, 2010

Monster Cookies




My parents made a quick trip to visit me in St. Louis so I prepared for their arrival by baking some goodies. My Dad's birthday is this month and I don't ever get to celebrate with him anymore so I sent him home with lots of deliciously edible gifts.

I thought about baking a cake for my mini celebration, but I know how much my Dad likes cookies. I decided to try out a recipe for Monster Cookies which you can find by clicking HERE or you can just check out the recipe below.

WARNING: These cookies were dangerously good. Extreme consumption may result in a sugar high, weight gain, and being dissatisfied with any other cookie on the market. I'm not responsible for any side effects. ; )






Monster Cookies
Makes about 24 large cookies
(I made about 13 XL)

1/2 lb butter, softened
8 oz. peanut butter, creamy or crunchy (I used creamy)
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1 1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. baking soda
2 1/2 c. AP flour
3 c. quick cooking or old fashioned oats (I used quick cooking)
1/2 c. raisins (I used jumbo flame raisins)
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
2 c. M&Ms (I used dark chocolate M&Ms)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Add butter and peanut butter to the bowl of a stand mixer, beat on medium for 3-4 minutes, until well mixed and light.

Add sugars, continue to beat for another 3-4 minutes.

Turn speed to low, add vanilla and eggs, one by one until they are incorporated.

Add baking soda, flour and oats, mix until just combined.

Add half the M&Ms, raisins and chocolate chips.



Touch dough, if it's sticky and pulls away, add another 1/4 c. flour until it's loose but rolls into a ball.


Place dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.

Line baking sheet with parchment. (I skipped this step and used nonstick cookie sheets)

Roll cookies into 4 oz. balls, a little bigger than a golf ball but smaller than a tennis ball.

Press onto the cookie sheet and press 3-4 (I put as many as I could fit on top... 8-12) M&M's on the top of each.

Bake for 13 minutes.

Remove and place on a cooking rack. Store in an airtight dish.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...