Sunday, September 6, 2009

Run, Jenn, Run!!!


I had my 2nd outdoor run tonight. We had planned on going for a run earlier in the day, but the rainy weather forced us to change our plans. Instead, we went to REI and shopped around for a while. It's always a good time there.
Once again I lusted over the bike that's on my wish list. I could just "Ooh and Awww" over it all day long. Even if money was coming in by bucket loads right now, I wouldn't purchase it until I lost more weight. I spotted a few other items that were on my wish list and showed them to David. He now has plenty of gift ideas for after I reach my goal weight. ; )
We spent some time running errands on this rainy day. Target, Trader Joe's, Petsmart, and World Market were all on our list. Thankfully, we made it out of all places without spending too much money. Ethan's Greenie's were actually the biggest expense, but we buy those things in bulk and won't need more for at least 3 months.
Once it stopped raining we went to Grant's Trail for our run. When I started out I thought I may just end up walking because I didn't feel up to running at that point. I quickly gave up on that thought and just started running. It felt so good! I ran 2.10 miles without stopping even once. I was so proud of myself. That's a huge accomplishment for me. Even back in 2004 when I had been running for several months I couldn't ever get to that point. I really think I could have gone farther tonight, but the sun had just gone down and we had to get home. I'd love to go again tomorrow, but I'm betting I'll be too sore. Maybe my next time out I'll shoot for 3 miles. I'm just going to keep trucking along and we'll see where this leads me. I have some ideas brewing in my head, but it's still too early to get my hopes up. I will say that I AM A CHANGED WOMAN! New perspectives, new habits, new lifestyle! It's a whole new me!


3 comments:

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

I'm so impressed! and motivated too! Way to go!

anorthowife said...

have you thought about training for a 10k or something like that? you're making such awesome progress that i bet by spring/summer you'll be able to run like a pro! keep kicking butt jenn!!!

Unknown said...

WOW! I know for a fact I can't run even a mile without stopping. Running is soooooo hard.

What are greenies?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...