Sunday, April 12, 2009

He is Risen!


HAPPY EASTER!

He is Risen!

David and I went to service at a nearby church this morning.  It was so great to worship with other believers.  They featured the kids a lot today and it was really sweet.  One of my favorite parts was the children's handbell choir.  They did such a great job.  It was fabulous!  They just made my heart melt.  

David is out and about right now.  He's meeting up with a prospective SLU Med Student from California.  David is giving him a tour of the school and showing him around town.  They'll probably discuss all sorts of stuff.  

I had some Amy's Organic Mac'n Cheese for lunch while I watched the 1pm service at LifeChurch.tv.  It was such a powerful message and Pastor Craig always does a great job.  Have I ever mentioned that I miss my home church?  Well, I do.  I have gone there since February 1998 and I miss it and all the wonderful people I met there over the years.

Well, we're grilling out and having Easter dinner later.  I purchased an introductory package from Omaha Steaks (there's one just up the road from us) for a great deal a few months ago and I saved 2 beef tenderloin (filet mignon) steaks and the loaded potatoes just for today.  It's the last bit of meat in our freezer.  So, things are going to start to get interesting.  
If I failed to mention it before...David gave me a challenge!  He has challenged me NOT to go to the grocery store except for the essentials, such as bread, milk, eggs, and fresh produce.  If you know me, you know that I can't ever buy only what's on the list. I tend to "stock up" every time I go to the store and when I find sales on things we'll eventually eat.  I haven't done any "real" grocery shopping for what seems like 3 months.  Well, I'm not exactly sure how long it's really been.   So, we've been participating in a "cupboard challenge." It's actually been pretty fun and our food spending has been almost non-existent.  How awesome is that?  It's amazing how creative we can get when we only allow ourselves to use what we have on hand.  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...