Friday, March 6, 2009

Spring Fever




It's official.... 
The McCoy's have Spring Fever!


The weather was pretty nice yesterday.  I took advantage of it by doing 5 loads of laundry.  I know that sounds crazy, but I just hate walking a whole 20 seconds to the laundry room when it's so cold outside.  I only had 2 kitchen towels left in the drawer, so it worked out perfectly.  I also washed bath towels, the shower curtain, several rugs, 2 sets of sheets, and our bedroom curtains. It's nice to have all our linens clean again.

I woke up this morning to an amazingly beautiful day.  I threw on some day clothes, a hat, and my flip flops and took Ethan for a really long walk.  He had a blast! The poor little guy was exhausted and collapsed by his water dish after we got home.  He was one hot dog!

Speaking of hot dogs..... David didn't have afternoon class today so after he got home we went to the store for some hot dogs.   We grilled the hot dogs and had a picnic on our porch.  It was awesome!  

I gave Ethan a little hair cut after lunch.  He was so hairy!!!  He was not happy about it getting a hair cut, but he doesn't look like he's wearing a skirt anymore.  After that, David tuned his bike and got it ready for a ride.  He rode it over to Grants Trail and the rode along the trail for a bit. He went about 9 miles today.  It makes me miss my bike.  Bike riding outdoors definitely beats going to the gym!

While David was gone I decided to do more laundry.  Everything is actually in the dryer right now.  It should be done within the next few minutes.  I'm just washing some of my clothes this time and a couple of Ethan's bath towels.  Now he'll have clean towels the next time he gets a shower.  

We are currently planning on grilling out burgers for dinner tonight, but David is really craving sushi.  He's sitting in the big chair thumbing through our Entertainment book to see if we have any coupons.  

So, the weather has been gorgeous the past couple of days.  I just love it!  Unfortunately, I haven't worked on any school stuff today, but I did take advantage of an amazing day.  It was really good for my mental health.  I think I needed a day off to spend a day with my lil' family.  

Oh, one last note.  There was a big grass fire near my parents home today.  Actually, many homes in their neighborhood were even evacuated.  Luckily the firefighters were able to get it all under control.  My parents have had some close calls lately between this and the tornadoes that hit 1 mile west of their home.  I'm glad everyone is safe.  



Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!  
XOXO!


2 comments:

Kara said...

Are you interested in learning how to make sushi? I've wanted to, and even got a beginners kit that I haven't used. You're welcome to use the kit, or even better we should get together in the future and make sushi, and by sushi I mean stuff without raw fish.

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

Wow, laundry queen extraordinaire. Nothing makes me happier than being caught up with laundry. I love it being DONE. But, I don't love doing it. But I do love those spring cleaning days!
The walk with Ethan sounds like so much fun. He's such a cutie! I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend! Sometimes you just need to do NOTHING that has to do with school!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...