Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Typical Weekend

I used to love the weekends, but now they're no different from any other day. During the school year we don't get to spend our weekends enjoying the weather and exploring the city. Instead, we are busy with school work and chores.

David has spent almost the entire weekend studying in his cave. I think he spent 6 hours studying today and he spent 6 hours studying yesterday. That's 12 hours in just two days! What a way to blow the weekend! I don't even understand how he can physically and mentally study for that long. It's not easy for him, but he manages.


I didn't have class yesterday because of labor day weekend. So, I was able to sleep in and it was great. The real highlight of my day was making banana bread. I had bought a bunch of bananas for a great price at the farmers market the other day. I didn't exactly get all of them eaten and I didn't want them to go to waste. The recipe made 3 1/2 loaves. We don't normally eat baked goods, so I didn't want to freeze the bread. Luckily, I managed to find a couple friends who were happy to take some banana bread off our hands.

Today was even less eventful than yesterday. I just hung out with Ethan and we waited for David to finish studying. The hours just seemed to drag on and on. He finally finished just a little bit ago. Can you guess the first thing he wanted to do after studying neurology for 6 hours? He wanted to watch House! You'd think 6 hours of science would be enough, but apparently not. He truly is meant to be a doctor. = )

Ethan pouts while his daddy studies.


That's supposed to be the central nervous system.



David studying neurology in his cave.


Wow, we're a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

That looks a lot like our bookshelf! AND sounds a lot like our life...weekends really aren't weekends anymore are they? Remember those days of no responsibility...

Pierson Family said...

I think that all of our bookshelves look like that. This weekend is probably the worst one yet. I really miss undergrad. It was so much easier when Richard didn't have to study.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...