Sunday, December 14, 2008

St. Louis Christmas





We've been in St. Louis for over a year and a half now.  It's awesome here and we really love the city. I took this picture of us in downtown St. Louis the other day. I would have loved to hire a professional photographer, but that wouldn't have been a very smart financial decision for a couple of students. Thank goodness for tripods and self timers on cameras.  They sure do come in handy!
The white building you see is an old Courthouse.  In the background is the famous arch.  They call it the Gateway to the West.

We wore our Cardinals apparel because David's parents gave us a large ticket package to their games.  So, we'll be going to a lot of Cardinals baseball games between April and September. We are so excited and very thankful.  Thanks Tim and Donna!

I've been reflecting a bit today.  It was one year ago this weekend that I graduated with my Master of Music degree from the University of Central Oklahoma.  I remember getting my hair done the day before I was supposed to walk, then my brother called me and told me that my graduation had just been cancelled due to the weather forecast.  There was already snow and ice and it was only supposed to get worse.  I was extremely saddened and decided that since I wasn't going to have any good graduation pics, I may as well go crazy.  I had my hair stylist, Tina, make my hair a dark red.  It was so fun!  
I didn't walk at graduation for my bachelors degree. I had no desire to then, but I really wanted to for my Masters.  I thought it would give me some closure and I wouldn't ever go back to school. Little did I know that I'd be back in school within a few months.  The funny thing is, I'm not even pursuing music or education this time.  I'm just working on some prereq's and trying to get a lot of science classes completed.  Maybe third time's the charm?!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...