Monday, August 15, 2011

Midnight Streak 5K

On Saturday, Aug. 13 I participated in the Midnight Streak 5K.  I had already been up since 4am and ran 5.4 miles for the training run, shopped at a fabulous estate sale, attended the RPSA (Resident Physician Spouse Alliance) Brunch, and hung out with Dave.  By the time 8pm rolled around, I was already tired.  My normal bedtime for the summer has been between 8:30-9:30, so staying up so late wasn't easy. 
I was dressed and had just put my bib number on when I took a sip of iced coffee.  The little seal was twisted up in the lid and I ended up wearing my coffee.  I quickly changed and went for my bright, happy "Run" shirt.  Anyways, I left home just a few minutes before 10pm.  I met up with my friends for some before race photos.  We're not responsible for our actions past our bedtime as seen in the photos.  Ha!  
Me, Cathy, & Jenny

 Me with my OKC Landrunner buddies

 Me, Holly, Jenny, & Cathy

Ann, Lisa, & Me

After the race, I went to IHOP with Ann, Lisa & her husband, and Evelyn.  It was a great time!  I hadn't laughed so hard in quite awhile.  I'm pretty sure all of our abs were sore the next day due to all the laughter.  Too fun!  

Here's my entry from DailyMile:  
I could come up with excuses, but the "excuses" are more impressive than anything. My day started at 4am with a 5.4 mile run/walk (trying not to overdo it) combo. The day was packed with events and NO time to rest. My bedtime is normally between 8:30-9:30, so it's impressive that I stayed up for the Midnight Streak 5K RACE that started at 11pm. It was late at NIGHT, in the HEAT and had to run up a monster HILL towards the end! It's impressive I finished. Whew! Afterwards, I went to IHOP with some running buddies and didn't get home until 2am and didn't go to bed until 3am.  I slept in until 10am the next morning.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...