Sunday, July 24, 2011

Food Review - Matthew Kenney OKC

This RAW restaurant was featured on LivingSocial several months ago.  I purchased the deal.  If I remember correctly, I only paid $25 for $50 worth of food.  I took David to this restaurant one evening and we took a look at the menu before sitting.  He noticed that they specialized in raw, dairy free, gluten-free, and vegan dishes.  That was it for him.  We left and ate somewhere else that evening.  
I decided my Mother In-Law would be the perfect person to try this place out with me.  She's okay not having meat and does very well with ethnic foods and trying new things.  So, as soon as she returned to OKC from her summer adventure in Santa Fe, I had to meet her for lunch.  We made a girly date and enjoyed trying out this restaurant.  
Matthew Kenney OKC was much better than I expected.  I'm very much an avocado girl, so I thoroughly enjoyed their 'chips and guac.'  The guac was chunky and had an incredible flavor.  It was served with cacoa-corn chips, which were surprisingly good.  I would love to go back and order this again.  
The green curry noodle dish was probably my second favorite item.  It was so fresh and the flavor combinations were wonderful.  I just wish I knew the nutrition information for the kelp noodles.  
While still incredibly delicious, my least favorite dish was the fajita lettuce wrap.  Going by the title and description, I assumed that it was served in a fresh leaf of lettuce so I was quite surprised to find that it was actually served in a wrap.  It was probably my least favorite because it wasn't super unique and I could make something very similar in my own kitchen.
The pizza bianco was excellent!  It was served on a giant cacao-chip.  I'm not sure if the whipped marscapone was real or some sort of substitute because I was told everything was dairy-free and vegan.  As I'm sure you know, marscapone is a cheese.  Either way, I may be lactose-intolerant (can't do milk or ice cream), but I'm not a dairy-free gal.  I LOVE cheese!
Matthew Kenney OKC isn't a place I'll go often, but I really enjoyed it from the food to the ambiance.  It was wonderful and I definitely recommend giving them a try if you're in the OKC area.  It's located in the hottest new place in OKC, the Classen Curve. 

‘chips and guac’
fork crushed avocado, cacao-corn chips, pickled green chili, smoked salt, mole

green curry noodles
thai coconut, kelp noodles, peachcrest vegetables, basil, chili, almonds

fajita lettuce wrap
marinated vegetables, pico de gallo, avocado ‘beans’, sour cream, cilantro

pizza bianco
whipped marscapone, sweet peppers, young arugula, marinara, spicy olive oil

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...