Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blizzard 2011


We're having a blizzard in OKC!
The first 2 photos were posted on facebook by a friend.....
Many people freaked out about the coming blizzard and loaded up on groceries.  It's a good thing I'm lactose intolerant and rarely buy milk.  Ha!  
The bread isle at Walmart.  It's a good thing we don't eat bread.  In fact, I don't think I've even purchased any in about two years.  Plus, if I wanted bread, I'd just bake it myself.  It tastes so much better!
These are the conditions I woke up to this morning.  Brrr......  
Laugh all you want, but Oklahoma is NOT a state that's prepared for this kind of weather.  


School is closed for today.  Luckily, they cancelled it last night so I didn't even set my alarm this morning.  Everything is going great with us so far.  We still have electricity and are relaxing in our pajamas.  It's awesome!


I've already enjoyed two cups of coffee and made southwest eggrolls.  David is about to heat up some tamales I ordered from a lady at school.  She sometimes takes orders from teachers and we LOVE that!  I plan to work on lesson plans today and there may even be some cookie baking in my near future.  I also plan to make more protein bars.  The last batch I made disappeared quickly.  YUM!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...